Disney has shared new details about the home media release of the live-action remake of Disney the little Mermaid. Starring Halle Bailey as Ariel, the movie was a box office hit, and many fans will likely be waiting to see when they’ll be able to own the movie for themselves. It has now been announced that the film will hit digital retailers (Apple TV, Prime Video, and Vudu/Fandango) on July 25, while 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD releases will follow on September 19, 2023. A new promo has also been released. To tease the home media release of the the little Mermaidwhich you can check out below.
Many of Disney’s home media releases of their musical films will include versions of Sing Along, and there’s a brand new Sing Along version of Disney the little Mermaid that comes with the home media release of the movie. This is obviously great news for fans who enjoyed the music in the new movie, which featured a mix of covers from the original animated movie along with original songs written specifically for the remake.
Rob Marshall directed the film using a screenplay by David Magee. The film is produced by Marc Platt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, John DeLuca, and Rob Marshall. Along with Halle Bailey, it stars Jonah Hauer-King, Melissa McCarthy, Javier Bardem, Noma Dumezweni, Art Malik, David Diggs, Jacob Tremblay, and Awkwafina.
in summary, the little Mermaid is filmmaker Rob Marshall’s live-action reimagining of Disney’s beloved animated musical classic, the story of Ariel, a beautiful and spirited young mermaid with a thirst for adventure. The youngest and most defiant of King Triton’s daughters, Ariel is eager to learn more about the world beyond the sea. While visiting On the surface, it falls to a dashing Prince Eric. While mermaids are forbidden to interact with humans, Ariel must follow her heart. She makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, giving her a chance to experience life on land but ultimately offering her life – and her father’s crown – at risk.”
There are a lot of fun extras included along with the Sing Along version of the movie. You can view the full list of add-ons below.
- Sing along – Sing along to your favorite songs while watching the movie with the lyrics on the screen.
- hotter under water Find out how director Rob Marshall and his team bring the story of The Little Mermaid to life with this documentary in five chapters:
- Blue Bottom Tale Join Rob Marshall on the set of one of the most ambitious and challenging films he has ever directed.
- I know something is starting now – Join cast members Halle Bailey, Melissa McCarthy, Jonah Hauer-King, and more and learn about how they starred in the movie and what it was like to bring director Rob Marshall’s vision to life.
- Down where the weather is wetter – Dip your toes into the virtual ocean and learn how the amazing underwater world was created through visual effects, imagination and a lot of talented artists.
- Explore this support above – From Prince Eric’s castle to the beach, explore locations above the sea and the elaborate production design behind them.
- Do what the music says – Discover how legendary composer Alan Menken collaborated with Lin-Manuel Miranda to write new songs to accompany the original classics
- song breakdown
- Unfamiliar wild waters – Prince Eric, played by Jonah Hauer King, gets his own song by Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Go behind the song, from writing to recording, to shooting on a practical ship.
- under the sea – Take a first-hand look at how professional dancers helped bring director Rob Marshall’s vision to life when they stand in front of the various animatronic sea creatures that sing and dance in this amazing show.
- kiss the girl – Go ahead and enjoy the frog’s eye view of the beautiful set designed to portray a live version of this classic song.
- Poor unfortunate souls – Join Melissa McCarthy (Ursula) as she takes us on the journey of making her character’s signature song.
- Scuttlebutt on Sidekicks – Dive in and meet Sebastian, Flounder, and Scuttle, who not only have their own song, “The Scuttlebutt,” but also a fresh look as they work hard to make sure Ariel and Eric kiss before Ursula’s deadline.
- Pass Dinglehopper – Ariel met Ariel when Halle Bailey worked with Jodi Benson – the voice of Ariel in the original animated film – who appears in the animated film Smart.
- bloopers – Laugh with the cast as they put so much time into making The Little Mermaid.
the little Mermaid It will be released on Digital on July 25, 2023, followed by a 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD release on September 19, 2023.